Monday, January 07, 2008

Good friends and fun times

So tonight I went to a friend's house. There were three of us adults and 7 kids running around and it was fun. We played Dance Dance Revolution and then some Singstar 80's. I haven't let myself be myself like that around those friends before and it was fun to just let loose. I sang my little heart out and was shocked that they didn't know all those 80's tunes like I did. I mean, who doesn't know A Little Respect by Erasure? Or Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper? Brass in Pocket by The Pretenders? I kicked tail on that one. She'd never heard of it! Seriously! I shook my head in disbelief. She did keep up with me, though, with Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. ;)

Off to bed. One of my goals this year is to get to bed earlier. So far I'm O - 7. :)

1 comment:

The Golf Club at Johnson Ranch said...

Hi there Becky. Uptown Girl is a terrible song. Anything Billy Joel released after 1982 wasn't very good, although he's a great artist. An Innocent Man was a terrible album.

I'm also 0 for 7 going to bed early. Last night I didn't go to bed until 3:30am. It was all I could do to tear myself away from the Roger Clemens saga.