Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ah, springtime.

This weather is good for my soul. Sitting outside in the sun, reading a book. Heaven on earth.

We are planning out our garden. Tomatoes, zucchini, squash, lettuce, and some other stuff. I want to plant flowers in my front beds too. I thought impatiens would work well, since they don't get any or much sun. Poppy's look to be a popular flower down here too. I need to plant some bulbs too, but I guess I need to wait until fall.

The boys and I went to the county's main library yesterday. Holy normal size library! I was in heaven. This town's little branch is super-dooper tiny and it's amazing the variety of books the normal sized library has....I'm just not used to it! I just might make the 20 minute trek there every week....

So hold me accountable, but I want to lose 5-10 pounds this month. I've been creeping up the scales and am 20 pounds heavier than I normally weigh. And once I get down to what I normally weigh, I'd still like to lose about 15 from that. So I'm trying to eat better foods and less of it. Oh, and moving more...you know. That blasted thing they call exercise. I hate sweating and feeling hot, so I struggle with that.

5 comments:

Ruth Vest said...

we can hold each other accountable... i've gained 15 pounds since the hitchen... it's not pretty, trust me.

dskddoby said...

I work at the big white Presbyterian church with the pretty bells just before you get to the library. We should plan it out so every now and then you hit the library as I'm getting out of work, I can watch the boys and you can get time in the library without keeping an eye on little ones! Or I can meet you there and take them to the kids corner while you go to the grown up stuff :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I LOVE the sun... except today was REALLY cloudy and it has been pouring rain since 4pm. YUCK. I feel a flood warning coming into effect. haha Anyway, wow... I miss our large library! The weight... ugh... I have 25 to loose and then I am back to high school weight. It's a killer. I would love to be 10 pounds lighter than that. hahaha Looks like we have plenty of us to hold you accountable and for you to do the same for us. LOL I say this while I am eating a fudge brownie... someone shoot me. LOL

liz said...

I'm in! I want to loose weight as well. Now that it is springtime we can walk/jog, go to the park, bike ride, all kinds of good stuff outside. Let's do a virtual weight loss group. I'm not making any rewards or incentives though, got bit in the butt by that once already. I'll be checking in for updates. Good luck!

Jeanette said...

I made a recipe I found online from the south beach diet for dinner the other night and it was SO freaking good!! I could never totally follow a diet, but I might get the cookbook and try to make stuff out of it pretty regularly because its mostly just eating healthy and not a diet so much. Did I mention how delicious it was?!