Monday, June 09, 2008

How many hours?

First off, I'd like to say hola to Jeanette and Kendra. Jeanette's been doing her blog thing for a while now, but Kendra just started. I kind of keep my blog to myself, not because I'm embarrassed or anything. The reason is more that if you say the word "blog" out here, some people would expect an "excuse me" afterwards thinking you were really enjoying your meal. They are both in my ward and both pretty cool.

Do you ever feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get done the things you want or need to get done? My hours of laziness catch up with me by nightfall when I look around my house and absorb the disaster that my children created but failed to clean up. There's a cute saying that goes: I was the perfect parent...then I had my own kids. To apply that saying to me, I would say: I was a clean person who kept a clean house...until I had 2+ kids. Trying to get our house ready to sell is a big joke. I feel like I've moved out a whole bunch of stuff, but there is literally more stuff to take it's place. And the house doesn't look any cleaner. That's the part that makes me feel like all my work is for naught. (look at me using "big" words.) Lately I've been staying up till the wee hours of morning, just to be alone. Last night I was up until almost 3. Mostly because the mosquito bites on my feet were itching so bad I had to make a Walgreens run at 2 in the a.m. for some anti-itch cream. The toothpaste that I thought I'd try just wasn't cutting it. (You don't want to know what else I tried...) Anyway. Bon called a realtor today and she'd like to do a walk through of the house sometime this week. *sigh* It's just so stressful! I need a fairy godmother to come help me clean and to have things magically disappear. Wouldn't that be nice. :)

Now that it's midnight, I'm off to put laundry away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! I remember the house selling process. I wasn't able to do a run-through before I left for work one day and of course, the house was shown. When I walked around the house when I got home... I saw the clothes on her floor and thought - OH GREAT... underware and pjs on the floor for the world to see. Well, it ended up that the couple that walked through that day made and offer and bought our home. LOL I guess having pjs and underware on the floor wasn't as bad as I thought. :) haha It is constant cleaning and really frustrating - that's for sure. Good luck with everything!