Monday, March 27, 2006

Bananas

We went to Kroger tonight as a family. Yay, what an exciting time! On the way there, Bon said that I should know exactly what we need, so that we don't waste any time deciding over things. Um...okay. Sometimes he's so dorky it's irresistible. lol Kroger also had a bird flying around. I thanked the cashier as we left. That bird saved our sanity. "Did you see the bird? Oh look!" Instead of "Sit down right now!" or "I told you ___" (fill in the blank with the appropriate reaction...such as, "to get your feet inside the cart", "not to touch that", etc...). But if you're wondering why this post is titled "Bananas", no, I'm not going to quote the Gwen Stefani song, but I'm appalled and just saddened that there were NO bananas available for purchase!! Sure, they had those little tiny two inch ones that cost $1.29 a pound. But I wanted big ones that would satisfy my kids banana loving bodies!! None! I almost cried. I grabbed a quarter of watermelon instead and will probably eat it all myself, due to the stress of not having any bananas.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What is it about bananas? Sam's crazy for them! We have to hide them in the grocery cart or else he goes ape trying to get them.

Stacy said...

The other day when I was at the store the Bananas were not very good so I didn't buy any. Ben's been complaining ever since

lackrik said...

Something is definately up with bananas!

I bought a batch from costco a couple of weeks ago. Sure, they were green but they usually ripen up after a day or so. Seriously....10 days later.....they were STILL green! And they were starting to get icky brown spots all over. I was so bummed about my bum bananas.