Sunday, March 12, 2006

My son...a little rambling post


He's a cute little bugger. Our son is 21 months or so and honestly one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. I'm not just saying this because he's mine, but because it's true. :) Every Sunday we get up and go to church, this Sunday being no different. We get there late (like an hour late), because it was a late night and we didn't wake up in time. The kids get to go into nursery and love it in there. The boy is a bit timid when going in, but once he sees the puzzles and starts playing, we (whichever parent drops them off) can leave. We always ask how they were, in case they were rowdy, when we pick them up. And almost every week, the nursery leader tells us that they were fine and states that our son had crawled under the table to rest. Today I went in to pick them up and our son was laying on a blanket with another one on top, his arms flung out to the side and his head turned, watching the other kids run around. Totally motionless. The nursery leaders informed me that he had crawled into the toy box and proceded to try and nap. So they, of course, laughed at how odd that was and decided to put him on the blanket and cover him. Apparantly, he had laid there for half an hour, motionless, but not daring to close his eyes. Cracked me up! I mean, what toddler decides to lay down and sleep when he is among other toddlers?? It was adorable and something that I'll always get a little chuckle out of.

No comments: