Monday, January 05, 2009

Ah.

Christmas is over, the New Year has begun. I sent Reagan off on the school bus this morning and it felt wonderful! No more fighting, screaming, door slamming...and that's all from me! ;) It's 8:15 and Ty is still sleeping which is wonderful. Ryan is watching Arthur and told me to be quiet as I got crushed ice from the fridge. I could almost go back to bed and snuggle in the warmth, but I feel like I need to maybe clean up the messes that are all over the house since we returned from our trip. We traveled to Ohio for almost a week and enjoyed seeing everyone. Our kids were very sad not to see more of Bryce, however, since he's very popular in our house. We also had Bon's parents here for 5 days and that was fun! I loved having them. :)

So on to keeping resolutions and trying to have a clearer head. Bon said that goals are better kept if they are simpler. So instead of saying "goal 1: Exercise 4 days a week" it would be an easier goal if I said "goal 1: put on exercise clothes". Which means that he really knows me well and knows that I will never exercise 4 days a week, but I do get dressed....

I hope you all had wonderful holidays! We are blessed to start our new year healthy and happy!

4 comments:

liz said...

I'm totally stealing your goal! I love putting on my exercise clothes because they have elastic waists in them! Yea!!!

Jeanette said...

It was great seeing you guys, we miss having you out here. I'm going to wait like 2-4 weeks after I have Nola and then I right there with you with the workout goal! I actually was working out 5 days a week for a while, then we got in that car accident which left me jacked up and sore. Then I started working out again and was getting back into it but got pregnant and was sick forever!

I swear once you force yourself to do it the first week or 2, it becomes a lot easier and more enjoyable(because you're not huffing and puffing as much and because you tell yourself you see results already)!

Unknown said...

LOL!! That is funny. Both worthy goals. I agree with Jeanette... I will say once you do make it regularly it does become a bit addicting... NEVER thought I would say that - but it is a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

YAY for school being back to normal. I don't think I could've handled one more day!! And as for resolutions I make ones for the whole year. That way in 12 mo I should be able to get it done. This year is go to the temple once a month....now just to get the reccomend renewed.