Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Some picture sharing

If any of you know me really well, you'll know that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I try to hide it and it's often hidden amongst the clutter that is my house, but if something tedious (is that the right word?) is to be done, it needs to be done perfect. My perfectionitis usually flares up while sewing or baking or doing something like making gingerbread houses. But the day we made these, I tried, honest to goodness tried to refrain from telling the kids how to do it. I put the houses together for them and had them decorate. I had royal icing in baggies with a little corner cut off, and showed them how to squeeze it out and then stick the stuff on, but from then on...however they decided to put stuff on was their decision.

It was hard. Really hard. But they were so proud of their creations.

Reagan's house.



Ryan's house. He had Fruit Stripe shingles....


Ty didn't get to make one. He just enjoyed eating candy. lol

And our Christmas Eve. Grandma and Grandpa were able to be with us and it was great! Grandpa was the donkey, Reagan was Mary, Ryan was Joseph, and Ty and Grandma were Shephards. And the lazy parents just recorded the whole thing. ;)


I'll share more pictures later!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some great gingerbread houses. And I'm like you,when Matthew had a poster project I sat on my hands so I wouldn't rearrange all the stickers he was so proud of randomly putting on it.

Kendra said...

I miss you guys... the kids are the greatest and I want you il's for myself! LOL

Company EIGHT said...

What awesome gingerbead houses! You are a good mom. :)

Unknown said...

LOL LOVE the pics Becky. The kids look adorable (as always). They are growing fast!