Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's like rollover minutes, but not.

You know those commercials on tv that have the rollover minutes? The kids try to get rid of them and the mom is adamant that they keep them because they are the same.

This one is my favorite. It cracks me up every time.


So, I've decided that chores are like rollover minutes. Whatever doesn't get done just rolls over into the next week/month/year. But unlike rollover minutes, rollover chores are not a good thing. That just means that a) there is too much to do and not enough time or b) I'm just lazy. And while I'd like to say that I'm productive most days, that would just be a lie. Sure...I get the kids dressed and fed and run the dishwasher. But I could do so much more.

And I realized too, that you must think that after this post last week, that I haven't done anything. Au contraire my friend. I have done some stuff, but not enough. And I did take pictures of what I have done. So just for some proof.

Notice my crush Chris Martin on the tv. He can sing to me anytime...





And check this out. You can see my closet floor! The one basket is socks that need mated and the other is socks/undies and stuff that just need put away.


So I will keep rolling over my work until it's done.

Which might be never.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL that was great!!

April said...

Look at you go!! I was surprised to see your before picts posted on your blog. I do not think I could do that. If there was an after to go at the same time then maybe.

Kendra said...

Ok...your 'before' pics weren't even bad... The 'after' looks great! You have a beautiful home! And I like that wall hanging in your closet! Very cute! lol

Jeanette said...

Looks great!! I seriously spent 2 days cleaning before my friend came out, all so my husband could say, "the house looks great" which hardly seems like a big enough pat on the back after all the crap I did. The one thing I envy about when you clean is that it looks good, you have a good looking house. This dumb rental will never look good no matter how much I clean thanks to "peanut butter," weird green and teal walls. Not to mention mismatch flooring in every room, paint and cuts all over the vinyl flooring. I mean no cleaning in the world could make me say, wow this place looks great! So I spent 2 days working my butt off just to realize this place is just as ugly.

So clean or not clean, be thankful you're not having to rent while someone else enjoys the nice home you own!

Company EIGHT said...

It looks great!!! Love the post too--very clever.

Shanel said...

I like that commercial too :) Your house looks good, but it wasn't bad to begin with. I did notice there was no playroom picture though ;)