Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My new favorite recipe for this cookie

It's no secret that I like to bake. Yesterday I made banana bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Oh and some snickerdoodles too. Bon's favorite cookie is Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. I've used a recipe from Quaker Oats for many years, just substituting the raisins for choc. chips and omitting the cinnamon. But in the last few months, I tried a new recipe for them and couldn't decide which was better until last night. Last night I made the old kind. Never again. Dry, hard hockey pucks is what they are after just a night. So my new recipe comes from no other than Nestle. Here it is in case you want to give yourself a treat later. ;)

Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies

1 3/4 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (opt.)

1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I always use Crisco)
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups quick oats
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (opt.) (I never add nuts)

Preheat oven to 375*.

Beat sugars and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on rack. Makes aprox. 4 doz. cookies.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Jed will be so happy! Thanks for sharing

April said...

Oh man! Now I really want oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough. I wish it wasn't 11pm or I would make some.